- 1 Windows 10 advantages and disadvantages
- 2 How to Find Windows 10 Computer Specifications & Systems Requirements
- 3 Table of Contents
- 4 System requirements for installing Windows 10
- 5 Keeping Windows 10 up-to-date
- 6 More information on hard drive space requirements for updates
- 7 Feature-specific requirements for Windows 10
Windows 10 advantages and disadvantages
by Heba Soffar · Published July 5, 2015 · Updated November 6, 2019
Windows 10 has new generation design, It is easy to use social media sites like Facebook , Twitter , It is the latest Windows operating system which features many changes and very eye catchy user interface, It delivers new features on free upgrade, So, You will not wait for the new release and it has trusted brand name of windows .
Advantages of windows 10
When you run Windows 7 , Windows 8.1 , and Windows Phone 8.1, You can upgrade to Windows 10 free, Windows 10 technical preview was recently launched by Microsoft, there are many new features added to the new operating system, Windows 10 will have two browsers, It will ship with both Internet Explorer 11 and Spartan, the new uncluttered browser that Microsoft is developing, apparently to replace IE .
Windows 10 will include extended built-in mobile device management (MDM) capabilities making it easier to manage a device from the cloud, Windows 10 interface will adapt via Continuum which will allow the Windows 10 interface to adapt based on the hardware it is running in.
Windows 10 will be great for gaming, Microsoft is bringing big changes to PC gaming with Windows 10, We will see the debut of DirectX 12 API which promises faster, “closer-to-the-metal” gaming performance and greater efficiency, Windows 10 will also include a “game DVR” mode to allow recordings of the last 30 seconds of play, all better for the social gaming.
Windows 10 will be free for Windows 8.1 users for its first year, While there is no word on pricing for users still on Windows 7 or an older version, Microsoft confirmed a while ago that the two most recent Windows versions will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 directly.
Microsoft has added an Xbox app, you can see what your friends are doing and send them messages, check out achievements, and look at game clips, people have pre-recorded, Microsoft aims to bring the full Xbox Live experience to Windows 10 PCs, including allowing you to stream games from your Xbox One console directly to your PC.
Windows 10 will include universal Office apps, Microsoft is creating universal Office apps that will be touch-friendly and run on all devices, Future Windows Phones & Windows tablets will come with Office apps preinstalled.
A specialised version of Windows 10 will be launched for smartphones, with revamped Office and Outlook applications, which resemble their PC counterparts, Windows Phone 10 will also have an integrated messaging hub for Skype , texts and other IM services.
Windows 10 will have hologram technology, Microsoft introduced Microsoft Holographic, a set of technologies that will enable 3D imaging and hologram projection for Windows 10 apps, A video and live demo showed people wearing Microsoft HoloLens projection goggles to interact with remote coworkers, play a 3D version of Minecraft, or explore a 3D projection of Mars, Developers will be able to use HoloStudio software to develop 3D applications.
Microsoft has confirmed Windows 10 will support the Fast Identity Online (FIDO) standard, The users will be able to sign into commonly used apps like Outlook using a variety of biometric tools from fingerprint readers to retina scanners.
There will be two versions of the OS available, Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise, Both have the same functionality but the Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise also includes current enterprise capabilities such as Windows To Go, DirectAccess, BranchCache and AppLocker, so, It is intended for IT pros.
Windows 10 improved multitasking, It will introduce a quadrant layout allowing up to four apps to be snapped on the same screen, The OS will even make smart suggestions to fill available screen space.
You will be able to cycle through open apps using the familiar Alt + Tab shortcut but there is also a Task View button on the task-bar , Pressing this will show all open apps, allow you to re-arrange them and switch between virtual desktops, There are no more typos in Command Prompt, The power users rejoice as copy and paste will be enabled in Windows 10’s Command Prompt.
Microsoft will launch a new web browser for Windows 10 which will be called Microsoft Edge after dropping the “Project Spartan” code name, So, the users will be able to annotate any web page using finger/stylus or keyboard input, Spartan will have a reading mode, And the Cortana voice assistant will be integrated into the browser.
Disadvantages of windows 10
Windows 10 can not upgrade oldest windows versions such as Windows 2000, windows 2001 etc, there is more cost for new PCs with Windows 10, There is no update in Windows media player, It is the same as it was earlier.
Touch-friendly features have been removed from Windows 10, You can no longer close apps by swiping them down from top to bottom, Many tablet users are going to face some difficulties in case of the touch control of the operating system.
You can not resize windows using the handle-bars which were present in most of the previous versions of Windows, Grabbing edges of the windows is very difficult if you are using a pen, Windows 10 has removed the functionality to change the volume level using the scroll button present in the taskbar.
If you get fed up with testing Windows 10 and want to revert the PC to the OS you were running before, It won’t be easy, The previous Windows OS will have to be reinstalled from the recovery or installation disk—typically a DVD—that came with the PC.
Installing Windows 10 Technical Preview disables the PC’s ability to play DVDs using Windows Media Player , and it removes Windows Media Center from PCs running Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
How to Find Windows 10 Computer Specifications & Systems Requirements
Here’s an overview of how to find computer specification requirements, versions and languages available for Windows 10.
Table of Contents
System requirements for installing Windows 10
Keeping Windows 10 up-to-date
- A device might not be able to receive updates if the device hardware is incompatible, if it lacks current drivers or sufficient available hard drive space, or if it’s otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (“OEM”) support period. Visit the Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet or the Lifecycle FAQ for Windows products to learn more about the servicing timeline for each feature update.
- Some of the disk space needed for installing updates is only temporarily required. Typically, ten days after installing an update, a disk cleanup will be automatically performed to delete copies of the older, unneeded Windows files and free up space again.
- Not all features in an update will work on all devices.
- An internet connection is required to perform updates and Internet access (ISP) fees might apply.
- If you need assistance installing an update, Windows 10 Update Assistant may be able to help.
More information on hard drive space requirements for updates
Feature-specific requirements for Windows 10
In addition to the requirements above that are needed to run Windows, some features have additional requirements. In some cases, features included with updated versions of Windows 10 will be best experienced with newer processors. For specific hardware support please refer to your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). Below are some additional details regarding requirements for key features:
- BitLocker Drive Encryption (available with Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Enterprise only) requires a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or higher and Trusted Computing Group (TCG)-compliant BIOS or UEFI. BitLocker can be used on devices without TPM, but you will need to save a startup key on a removable device such as a USB flash drive. TPM 2.0 and InstantGo support is required when you want to automatically encrypt the local drive when joining a device to Azure Active Directory (AAD). Check with your PC manufacturer to confirm if your device supports the correct TPM version and InstantGo for the scenario you want to enable.
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (available in Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).
- Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM (available in Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise only).
- Cortana is only currently available on Windows 10 for the United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Italy, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, Canada, Spain, Australia and India.
- Microsoft account is required for some features.
- Miracast requires a display adapter which supports Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.3, and a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct.
- Movies & TV application is not available in all regions. For the most up-to-date list of regions, please go to the Movies & TV information page.
- Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database.
- Skype is available only in select countries and regions. Calling to select countries and regions only. Excludes special, premium and non-geographic numbers. For details, visit the Office FAQ page.
- Snap: The number of applications that can be snapped will depend upon the minimum resolution for the application with a limit of two applications in Tablet mode and four applications in Desktop mode.
- Speech recognition will vary by device microphone. For a better speech experience, you will need a:
- High fidelity microphone array
- Hardware driver with microphone array geometry exposed
- Tablet mode is available on tablets and 2-in-1s with GPIO indicators or those that have a laptop and slate indicator will be able to be configured to enter «tablet mode» automatically.
- Touch: To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multi-touch.
- Two-factor authentication requires the use of a PIN, Biometric (finger print reader or illuminated infrared camera), or a phone with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capabilities.
- Windows Hello requires a camera configured for near infrared (IR) imaging or fingerprint reader for biometric authentication. Devices without biometric sensors can use Windows Hello with a PIN or a portable Microsoft compatible security key.
- Xbox application requires an Xbox Live account, which is not available in all regions. For the most up-to-date list of regions, please go to Xbox Live Countries and Regions website.
- Wi-Fi Direct Printing requires a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Wi-Fi Direct and a device that supports Wi-Fi Direct Printing.
Источник статьи: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows/windows-10-specifications